Thursday, May 22, 2008

Put a hold on them pillowcases, people...

DANG. I went to the post office to ship my little pillowcases yesterday. Put them into an envelope, put that into the express international mail envelope, filled out the waybill and customs forms and customs form and more customs forms. Taped it all together. Brought it to the front. It was weighed. And then I was told it would be...(wait for it)...F O R T Y - N I N E D O L L A R S.

Do you KNOW how many cappuccinos that would buy at university? A LOT, that's how many. $49. Wow. If I wasn't a starving student who was expecting to shell out another $800 in textbooks next month, I could *possibly* swing that. But as it stands now, no.

I explained that I didn't want the package to have its own seat on the plane, I just wanted it stowed with the other undeserving packages in the hold below. NO sense of humour, that postmistress.

So my dreams of fame by association with pillowcases is no more.

Sadness.

Ah well.

Maybe someone will call for submissions of tablecloths (plenty of THOSE around here, baby!) and allow more than three days to get entries in so I could send it in regular cheap mail.

No comments: