Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Pillowcase Challenge.

I read about The Pillowcase Challenge this afternoon on http://whipup.net/, submitted photos in the evening, and it is now...erm...1:26 am, and I have had emails back and forth with the assistant editor and she said they all liked my pillowcases and that they want me to send them...to the US! Squee! That doesn't necessarily mean they'll be included in the book...but wow! All those years of thrifting to train my eye to spot kwality pillowcases has paid off.

What's that? You want to...see...these pillowcases?

Well...okay.



My floral atomic pillowcase. Floral. Atomic. Yes. I know. The COOLEST.



My Bambi pillow. First time I saw this, it looked like the Bambi was farting a noxious green cloud. I didn't think that I had seen *that* particular pattern on Sublime Stitching so I took another look. Heh. Shrubs. Oops.



Applique flowers with embroidery. A classic.



Baaaaaaby kitten! The flower...and the earnest expression...and the flower...this one is really poignant somehow.

So anyway - just thought I'd share. I am ALL excited about it, but will try to keep it in check until I hear more from t hem when they get the pillowcases. WHEE!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

They are great, especially the first one. Pity about the crazy huge postage costs.. That must've been pretty disappointing.
p.s. Nice to "meet" you!