Monday, July 28, 2008

Yet more thrifting moments of joy.

Yep. Yet more purchases from my recent binge. It's sad that the finding of such treasures makes me so happy, but. it. does.



















There must be like fourteen metres of fabric in this lot. I plan to make pajama pants for myself. And possibly the neighbours on the rest of the street. And their pets. Lots of fabric here. Pretty bright, but comfy flannelette.



















Pink fabric. The one on the left is that vintage shiny-looking fabric, and the other is more flannelette. Again, why do I have a nephew and not a niece? Sigh...Just kidding - the Poop is a good kid, all things considered.





The background thing is a pillowcase (I got two, but only one is pictured). The left is another handtowel, and the right is a pillowcase with faded embroidered flowers. It is so so so soft.









Embroidered linen tablecloth with daffodils. The yellow changes occasionally - it looks as though the person was using up all the yellow embrodiery thread scraps they had. Very pretty.















Vintagey tablecloth. Just a bit of fun.









Old barkcloth cafe curtains - more fun! These could be made into a bag a great alternative for a Coles shopping bag, right? Yes, I think so, too. OR...maybe somebody could use them for curtains for a caravan...hmm...








Vintage yellow fabric, pillowcase that fortuitously matches the bedding I already have (!), and a smattering of doilies. More daffodils. There is a real spring theme going on here...unintentional, I assure you.


Ahhh...vintage pre-loved linens and fabrics...how I love thee so.

Toodles for now!

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Holy moly that is a great stash! Good for you!