I made tacos last night. We hadn't had Mexican food for years (at least three or so) and so I decided to put together the fixings for tacos.
They. Were. Delicious. Homemade guacamole, aged cheddar cheese...I even put the taco shells in the oven to crisp up a bit. Yum.
As mum and I were sitting on the lounge in a post-taco glow (I had four) and burping contentedly, mum said,"That hit the spot."
I replied,"That hit a lot of spots - the spicy food spot, the guacamole spot, the cheese spot..."
As I said that last one, I realised what it sounded like when I said it out loud. I looked over at mum, and sure enough, she had a slightly shocked, vaguely bemused look on her face.
"Cheese...the C H E E Z Z Z E spot", I enunciated very clearly.
She snickered and turned back to the TV.
"Well, yeah they were good, but...", she said.
The mortification is still with me.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment